Thursday, March 19, 2009

Tax Season!


So after a couple meetings with our tax guy we finally finished our taxes! whoo-hoo! I was totally dreeding tax season because I was sure we were going to have to pay tons because I have two 1099's! And last year I had to pay up the wazoo!

We get done and he tells us that we are getting money BACK! What? That has to be a mistake... right? Nope... because of Ty's amazing banking skills we were able to write off alot! Also, because we got to file jointly this year and it offset my self employeed income a bit!

Okay... so the bad news! We totally thought we were going to get the 2008 first time homebuyers credit of $7500 this year! WRONG! The bill did not go into effect until April 1st and we bought our home in Febuary!

1 comment:

Mike and Tycie said...

Hey girl,
Sorry for this random comment but I noticed you are a follower of Delightful Dots and wanted to let you know of a new site that is similar in style to DD that you might like as well! Check them out and see what you think!

www.scrappinblogs.blogspot.com